SQLServer Migration Service to open source
Leave your dependence on Microsoft SQLSERVER behind, eliminate 100% of the cost of licensing, avoid legal problems.
SolucionaIT launches our conversion service for applications that work on the proprietary database Microsoft SQLServer to the open source database.
Who is it addressed to?
Companies that have one or several applications that work on Microsoft SqlServer and that need:
- Solve legal problems for an irregular use of SqlServer, since the sanctions in this sense can be very important.
- Update the SqlServer software to a higher version because the current one is very old.
How does it work?
This service is based on the platform developed by Amazon called BabelFish
Babelfish for PostgreSQL is an open source project available under the Apache 2.0 and PostgreSQL licenses. Provides the ability for PostgreSQL to understand queries from applications written for Microsoft SQL Server. Babelfish understands the SQL Server wire protocol and T-SQL, the Microsoft SQL Server query language, so you don’t have to change database drivers or rewrite all your application queries. With Babelfish, applications currently running on SQL Server can now run directly on PostgreSQL with fewer code changes.
At SolucionaIT we have spent years developing applications that used MS SQL Server as the main database engine, with a high use of stored procedures and functions. Thanks to this technology, we have successfully migrated all applications to this environment and have acquired the experience and knowledge to address this type of project.
What does our service include?
- Installation of BabelFish in the client’s infrastructure, in our cloud or in the one that our client indicates.
- Import of data to the new system.
- Adaptation of the database objects that are necessary (Procedures, functions, triggers, etc).
- Performance review and optimization tips.
- After sales support.
If you are interested in knowing how we can help you, and seeing how the tool works, do not hesitate to contact us, we are at your disposal.